Ayurveda Courses in Mcleodganj Dharamshala
HimVeda Certified Ayurveda courses are very popular in Dharamshala, Mcleodganj. Our courses have helped students around the world to carve a niche for themselves.The courses are not only about learning the art of healing but also invite you to learn to live a healthier,happier and more joyous life .Our unique teaching methodology based on the vast experience of our doctors is what sets us apart.
Lord Dhanvantari represents the divine healer in the tradition of Ayurveda.He reminds us that however much we may know or how skillful we become,everything still depends on grace.
Why the need to learn Ayurveda?
‘Ayurveda’ a hitherto unknown term for the western world,is now beginning to knock at the doors of every household.Many people want to learn these timeless principles of health for their own good.Others wish to establish it as a medical profession.Still others want to add a new dimension to their existing medical careers.It may soon enter the field of licensed healthcare throughout the world.This trend is bound to continue and we will soon see traditional medicine supplementing and even surmounting modern biochemical medicine.
Am I eligible to learn?
Everybody is welcome to learn with us.There is no eligibility criteria.The only prerequisite is ‘desire to learn’.Our goal is to truly make our courses useful for Doctors, Naturopaths, Dieticians, Massage therapists,Astheticans,Spa directors and the average person who wants to experience the joys and benefits of Ayurveda.
Why train with us?
If you have been overwhelmed and confused by Ayurveda in the past,we have worked hard to keep the training simple and relevant so you can know and feel Ayurveda from the inside,from the heart and you will be able to make it your lifelong friend.The salient features of our training are:
- Our courses are not one for all but will be customised according to your needs.
- We make it sure to keep the groups small to ensure better learning and practical exposure.
- Our doctors are MD’s/PhD’s from top Ayurveda institutes in India and are very fluent in English.
- Reasonable Fee Structure.
- If you wish to have treatments during the course period you can avail of a discount up to 50%.
What is the duration of Ayurvedic Course?
Our experience tells us that every individual has different needs,intellect and time constraints.So there cannot be a set syllabus / duration for everyone. Our courses are tailor-made suiting your individual needs.The duration is from 7 days to 3 months. If you have a definite time frame in mind and a set goal,we will plan the syllabus suiting your needs.
If you are flexible with time,we will let you know how much time we need to devote on you according to your desired goal. If you have no specific goal but are just coming to experience the richness of Ayurveda,you are welcome at Himveda.
Frankly speaking there can be no time limit to learn and understand Ayurveda.It is not only to be learned but to be lived and made real in your own life.This is what we have done and this is what we want you to do.
Our curriculum is designed according to guidelines given by WHO and AYUSH (Ayurveda governing body in India)
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- History of Ayurveda.
- Fundamental principles of Ayurveda – Tridosha concept, Pancha Maha Bhuta, Sapta Dhatu (7 bodily elements), Mala (waste products), Srotas (microchannels),their definition, qualities, functions , imbalances and applied aspects,
- Basic principles of Panchakarma – Detailed description about Panchakarma Treatments – indication, contraindications, procedures, application according to the nature of disease.
- Philosophical theories of Ayurveda.
- Concept of Body, Mind And Soul.
- Concept of Agni (Fire element)
- Marma – The 107 vital body points on the body and its importance.
- Preventive Healthcare in Ayurveda – Daily Regimen, Seasonal Regimen and Dietary Regimen
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Nutrition and Cooking
- Concept of Incompatible foods
- Prakriti (body type analysis) and Vikriti (disease analysis)
- Making an Ayurvedic Consultation
- The art of making diagnosis
- Pulse diagnosis
- Modern and Ayurvedic correlation of common diseases and their treatment
- Stress Management with Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Home remedies
- Yoga as a therapy in Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic Massages – indications, procedures and preparations of Ayurvedic Massages like – bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves,with rice, Abhyanga (Oil massage), Pizhichil (Oil bath), Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powders), Shiro Dhara, etc.
- Ayurvedic Marma Massage and Chakra Healing
- Specialised local treatments like – Kadivasti (For back pain), Netra Tarpana, (For improving the health of eyes), Gulfa vasti (Local treatment for Knee joint pain), Greeva vasti (Local treatment for neck pain),Karnapoorna(Local treatment for ear diseases),Shirovasti (Oleation of head) etc.
- Learn to cook in our kitchen.
- Herbal health tour : identification and collection of various herbs and minerals used in ayurvedic medicines
- Pharmaeutics : processing and formulation of various ayurvedic medicines
- 6 a.m – 7 a.m – Yoga session
- 8 a.m – Breakfast
- 10 a.m-12 a.m – Practical training
- 1 p.m – Lunch
- 2 p.m – 4 p.m – Theory class
- 4:30 p.m - Fruit snack
- 5:30 p.m-6:30 p.m – Satsang (Spiritual talk)
- 7:30 p.m - Dinner
Note : Classes will be six days a week. One week course will be all seven days.
Accommodation will be homely with wi-fi.
If you don’t wish to stay with us during the courses you are free to do so.Just come to us for the classes and spend the rest of the day the way you want.
An Institute Certificate shall be issued on successful completion.